Zucchini and Split Pea Saute
Recipe type: Side
Zucchini and Split Pea Saute is a Canadian food recipe steamed with cheese on top.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup dry yellow split peas, cooked
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- Dash garlic powder, light soy sauce and pepper
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Sauté green onions and zucchini slices until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked yellow split peas. Stir gently.
- Layer tomato slices over top and sprinkle with ⅔ cup shredded cheese. Layer onion rings over mixture and add remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, soy sauce and pepper over top.
- Reduce heat to low, place lid on the pan and heat ingredients for about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.