Three Bean Bake
Recipe type: Side
Three Bean Bake is a Canadian food recipe with lima, kidney and baked beans.
- 1-14 oz can baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1-14 oz can lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-14 oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Pinch chili powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine baked, lima and kidney beans in a 2 litre casserole and set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion, pepper and garlic in oil until onion is translucent.
- Stir in flour then add molasses, soy sauce, ginger and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Pour over beans and stir lightly.
- Cover and bake 1 hour on middle oven rack. Uncover and bake extra 30 minutes, or until thick.