This Canadian food recipe is one of the many kinds of seafood that are found off Nova Scotia’s shores. A bowl of delicious chowder from Nova Scotia, made using this Canadian recipe, it is a perfect supper dish.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- ½ lb boneless fish fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ lb scallops
- 5 cups l low-fat milk
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup l lobster meat, diced
- ½ lb. mussels OR clams, steamed and shucked
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In large saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat; sauté onion until soft.
- Add water and potatoes.
- Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for about 7 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add fish and scallops, simmer for 5 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Whisk together milk, flour, salt and pepper.
- Add to pan, return to the boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in lobster and mussels.
- Heat over medium heat until heated through.
- Sprinkle a little parsley over each serving.