Pear and Chocolate Clafoutis
Recipe type: Dessert
Pear and Chocolate Clafoutis is a Canadian food recipe baked in the oven.
- 1 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 3 Pears, peeled, cored, sliced
- ½ cup Chocolate chips
- 3 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Whipping cream
- ½ cup Whole milk
- Icing sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Butter a 10 inch cake pan or baking dish with 1 tbsp unsalted butter and sprinkle with 1 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Arrange pear slices in a single layer at the bottom of the cake pan. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, flour, salt, cream and milk until smooth. Pour the mixture over the pears.
- Bake until golden brown and the pears are tender, or about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a dusting of icing sugar.