Lentil Granola Bars
Recipe type: Dessert
Lentil Granola Bars is a Canadian food recipe with chocolate drizzled over top.
- ⅔ cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ⅓ cup pellet-like bran cereal
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup lentil purée
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Place rack in centre of oven. Preheat to 350F.
- In medium bowl, mix coconut, oats, brown sugar, bran cereal and cinnamon.
- Add lentil purée, oil, egg and vanilla. Mix until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Spread over a 10½ x 16 nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- While bars are still warm, drizzle chocolate over top and cut into 35 bars.