Lentil, Cranberry and Orange Muffins
Recipe type: Dessert
Lentil, Cranberry and Orange Muffins is a Canadian food recipe with orange juice and zest.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- Dash salt
- ½ cup margarine, unsalted, melted
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup lentil purée
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 zest of whole orange
- 1¼ cups whole cranberries, frozen
- Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare muffin tins with large muffin cup liners or lightly grease sides of tin.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, blend together butter and sugar and eggs. Add lentil purée, orange juice and zest.
- Fold in dry ingredients until just blended and add cranberries.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan filling cups three-quarters of the way full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean.