Egg and Tomato Pesto Sandwich
Recipe type: Entree
Egg and Tomato Pesto Sandwich is a Canadian food recipe served on a bagel.
- 4 Bagels
- 8 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Sun-dried tomato pesto
- 8 strips Bacon, maple flavoured, chopped
- 4 slices Cheese, Canadian Swiss-style
- 8 tsp Mayonnaise
- Toast the bagels in a toaster and set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, water and sun-dried tomato pesto and set aside.
- In a medium, non-stick pan, cook the chopped bacon on medium heat until browned. Drain the excess fat from the pan, and add in the egg mixture. When cooking the egg mixture, use a non-stick spatula to pull the eggs away from the edge of the pan and swirl the pan as though you were making an omelette.
- Once the eggs are cooked, divide into 4 portions and set aside.
- Spread 1 tsp of mayonnaise on each bagel half, and place one half on each plate. Place a slice of cheese on each, top with the egg mixture and close each bagel with the remaining halves.
- Serve this sandwich with a cherry tomato, cucumber and feta salad, or bowl of soup.