Duck Breast with Raspberry Sauce
Recipe type: Entree
Duck Breast with Raspberry Sauce is a Canadian food recipe in a wine and jam sauce.
- 4 Duck breast
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Shallot, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup White wine
- 3 tbsp Raspberry jam, seedless
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Trim and score the fat side of the duck breasts by scoring a checker board design in the fat. Make sure not to go through the fat completely. Season the meat side with salt and pepper.
- Put the duck breasts fat side down in a large non-stick pan that can go in the oven. Slowly cook over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes to render the fat. Remove the excess fat from the pan, reserving 1 tbsp for later. Turn the breasts over and place pan in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165F.
- While you’re waiting for the duck to cook, add 1 tbsp of the reserved duck fat, the shallot, and the garlic to a small pan on medium heat, and sauté for a minute without browning.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and add the raspberry jam, allowing it to melt. Once it’s melted, add the chicken stock and let the sauce reduce by half, or to desired consistency.
- Slice the duck breast and cover with the sauce.