Cranberry Orange Muffins
The Cranberry Orange Muffins is a Canadian recipe based on the cranberries that are native to the marshy areas of northern and eastern Canada.
- 1½ cups cranberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- Finely chop cranberries; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In second bowl, combine juice, milk, oil, egg and rind.
- Stir in cranberries.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon into 18 large paper-lined or nonstick muffin cups, filling ¾ full.
- Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 20 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned and firm to the touch.
- Remove from pan.