Recipe type: Entree
Country Chili is a Canadian food recipe with beef and kidney beans.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 7½ oz can tomato sauce
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 19 oz cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch salt and pepper
- In skillet, cook ground beef until browned.
- In a medium soup pot, heat oil and sauté garlic, onion, green peppers and celery about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef, tomato sauce, tomatoes, chili powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook 10 minutes on medium heat and add beans.
- Bring to a boil and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.