Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies is a Canadian food recipe using the added benefits of navy beans.
- ½ cup canned navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⅓ cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In blender, purée beans with egg until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, beat canola oil, sugar and vanilla using electric mixer until smooth. Add bean and egg purée and continue beating until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips (or raisins) and oats and stir with a spoon to combine.
- Sift together flour and baking soda over wet mixture and stir until well combined.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon, 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes.