Recipe type: Entree
Chicken Cassoulet is a Canadian food recipe with beans and vegetables cooked in the crock pot.
- 1 cup dry navy beans, soaked
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 medium Polish sausage, cooked
- 1-10 oz can tomato juice
- 1-28 oz can tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp instant beef or chicken bouillon granules*
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ cup carrot, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- Boil soaked beans for 10-12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Skin chicken pieces and set aside. Halve sausage lengthwise and cut into bite size pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, tomato juice, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon, basil, oregano and paprika.
- In a 4 quart slow cooker combine carrots, celery and onion. Arrange chicken and sausage over vegetables. Pour bean mixture over chicken and sausage.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10-12 hours or on high-heat setting for 6-8 hours. Serve.