Black Bean Spinach Pizza
Recipe type: Entree
Black Bean Spinach Pizza is a Canadian food recipe with mashed beans with onions, spices and tomatoes.
- 1 thin pizza crust
- 1 - 14 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ tsp hot sauce
- ⅔ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (or cilantro), chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet; bake for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Mash beans with a fork; combine beans and next 5 ingredients (beans through garlic) in medium bowl, stirring to combine.
- Spread bean mixture over crust, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Spoon salsa evenly over bean mixture; top with tomato and spinach. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Garnish with parsley.