This Canadian food recipe from British Columbia is using Canadian salmon, highly prized for its delicious flavour and versatility as a main course, salad or spread.
- 2 salmon fillets, about 1 lb/500 g each
- ¼ cup dry white wine OR apple juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- In shallow baking dish, place fillets.
- Combine wine, mustard, horseradish, oyster and chili sauce, soy sauce and onions; pour over fish.
- Cover and refrigerate to marinate for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove fish from marinade.
- Preheat broiler or barbecue on high.
- Just before cooking, brush grill lightly with oil.
- Broil or barbecue fish 4 inches (10 cm) from heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork or bake in 450°F (230°C) oven for 10 minutes per 1 inch (2.5 cm) of thickness.