Baked Codfish au Gratin
Recipe type: Entree
Baked Codfish au Gratin is a Canadian food recipe with creamy sauce and cheese.
- 14 oz codfish
- 1½ cups low-fat milk
- 3 tbsp flour
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded light Cheddar cheese, divided
- Separate fillets, cover and microwave at High for 5 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork; set aside.
- In large microwavable container, whisk milk and flour until blended. Microwave at High for about 5 minutes or until boiling; stir several times. Add onion, salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease a baking pan. Pour in ¼ cup sauce; cover with ½ of fish and ½ of cheese. Pour ½ cup sauce over and layer with remaining fish. Pour remaining sauce over fish; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in 350F oven for 30 minutes or until top is browned.