Recipe type: Bread
Baked Biscuits is a Canadian food recipe for lovely round biscuits with lentil puree.
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- Dash salt
- ¼ cup soft margarine, unsalted
- ⅔ cup lentil purée
- ⅔ cup 1% milk
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Cut margarine into mixture and add lentil purée (still cutting) until it resembles coarse oatmeal.
- Add milk and fold into flour mixture until ingredients are just incorporated.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly-floured surface and pat down to 1½-2 inches thick. Cut out biscuits with a 2-inch cookie cutter. Dust cookie cutter with flour to help prevent dough from sticking.
- Place biscuits on baking sheet at least 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until golden.